ABC Board Members
Meetings are held the Last Monday of each month at 5:30 pm.
If that falls on a Holiday or Inclement Weather day, any interested party can call the store about a rescheduled meeting.
(1) Buy, sell, transport and possess alcoholic beverages as necessary for the operation of its ABC stores.
(2) Adopt rules for its ABC system, subject to the approval of the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission.
(3) Hire and fire employees for the ABC system.
(4) Designate one (1) employee as manager of the ABC system and determine his responsibilities.
(5) Require bonds of employees as provided in the rules of the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission.
(6) Operate ABC stores as provided in G.S. Ch. 18B, Art. 8 (G.S. 18B-800 et seq.).
(7) Issue purchase-transportation permits as provided in G.S. Ch. 18B, Art. 4 (G.S. 18B-400 et seq.).
(8) Employ local ABC officers or make other provision for enforcement of ABC laws as provided in G.S. Ch. 18B, Art. 5 (G.S. 18B-500 et seq.).
(9) Borrow money as provided in G.S. 18B-702.
(10) Buy and lease real and personal property, and receive property bequeathed or given, as necessary for the operation of the ABC system.
(11) Invest surplus funds as provided in G.S. 18B-702.
(12) Dispose of property in the same manner as a city council may, under G.S. Ch. 160A, Art. 12 (G.S. 160A-265 et seq.).
(13) Perform any other activity authorized or required by the ABC law.